Stenbock house (Stenbocki maja) on Toompea is the seat of the Estonian Government and houses the office of the Estonian prime minister.
The architectural plans for the building were set up in 1784 by Johann Caspahr Mohr. Building started in 1787, when Count Jakob Pontus Stenbock arranged financing of the project. Construction finished in 1792. Since the year 2000, following 4 years of renovation work, the building became the seat of the government.
Copyright Otto de Voogd 2011