The Lutheran St. John's church in the border town of Valga has an unusual oval shaped nave and the tower located on a side. Construction of the church was started in 1787 and completed in 1816. The organ was constructed by Fr.Ladegast of Weissenfels in Germany in 1867 and is one of the few organs from this organ master left today. The church is in need of major repairs.
There is a memorial plaque to Finnish soldiers who fell fighting alongside Estonian during the Estonian war for Independence.
Copyright Otto de Voogd 2008