The landmark facade of the ruins of the 15th century convent of St. Bridget's is located in Pirita, a suburb of Tallinn.
The convent located on the banks of the Pirita river was completed in 1436. It was destroyed by the Russian army in 1577, while they lay seige to Tallinn.
There is a legend that speaks of a tunnel from Toompea to the Pirita convent.
Copyright Otto de Voogd 2006