The present day Orthodox church of St.George in Paldiski was built between 1784 and 1787 replacing a wooden church from 1721. It used to have a baroque bell tower. During the second world war both the Soviet and German armies destroyed what they could of Paldiski during their respective retreats. We assume this is how the church lost its tower, but haven't seen that confirmed in any source.
The church is fenced off on two sides by a tasteless barbeb wire fence. There are many such fences in Paldiski, that they could rename the town to Barbeb Wire City.
Copyright Otto de Voogd 2012