St. Catherine's church in Liiva was once richly decorated with murals. Some of it remains visible to this day, but one can only imagine how it must once have looked.
A few pictures of some visible remains of the murals:
The pulpit dates from 1629 and the church also claims the oldest preserved wooden doors in Estonia.
Even older is this 12th or 13th century tombstone, which may or may not be a tombstone, no-one really knows. It's sometimes referred to as a Viking era tombstone, some see pagan symbols in them, such as the world tree and a drinking horn. However the stone is clearly pre-christian and was re-used merely as a building block for the church. It's used as a lintel for the door that leads to the stairs behind the wall.
Copyright Otto de Voogd 2011